Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 4 - Saturday

breakfast - cinnamon apple oatmeal
thoughts: i believe my actual quote to jenni was 'this oatmeal is assed out'. I really didnt like it at all. update: I made the 'cookie' version for breakfast today, 3/7, and I like it that way. so i retract my 'assed out' comment :)

mid-morning - missed meal :(

lunch - pb crunch bar and salty, salty tears.

mid-afternoon - missed meal because I had a migraine from missing the other meal and having a melt down. more sad face.

dinner - I was scared of dinner. It's my H's birthday and he wanted to go to buffalo wild wings. eek. after consulting the Medifast community on Mymedifast.com, I was armed with some suitable options for dinner. I ended up having a burger (sans bun, cheese, onion and other condiments) and i had the fries replaced with salad and I had a half packet of Mazeretti's light italian dressing on my salad.


being on MF had been a breeze up until today. and all of my issues today were totally my fault. I didn't get to eat a proper intervals and ended up with a terrible headache.

we took izzy to the mall this morning to have some pictures done. that caused me to skip my mid-morning meal. i wasn't happy about it but figured i would make it up somewhere. after pics, my daughter and husband needed lunch. I had been mentally preparing myself for this all morning. I knew they would be eating lunch at the mall. I brought a PB crunch bar for my lunch. I didn't want to do my L&G at the mall for many reasons but the biggest being that we were dining out that night.

i thought i was ok. but as soon as we crossed the threshold of the food court, the nerves hit me. Then my H went and got burgers for them and as soon as they unwrapped them, i freaked out internally. I got up and walked around the food court reading each menu and quickly went back to our table before temptation became too much. i took a bite of my crunch bar, my face got hot and i could feel the tears coming. i felt like i was being punished. I was watching all these people around me suck down food and here i am with my stupid bar. i had like, a 30 second meltdown, got myself together ate my bar and told H to call me when they were done, i'd be in hallmark.

i feel silly for getting so upset. but i have to give myself credit for pushing through and not giving in to temptation. it would have been so easy. and honestly, even though i would have felt like i was missing out, i would have been ok with them eating that food if we had not been in the food court. that was completely overwhelming.

even though this day was an absolute beast, i am really proud of the way i stayed OP. but i've also realized that my biggest challenges will be the weekends when i have less control over the schedule. definitely staying the hell away from the food court from now on!